Revised and Approved 11/29/2011
The library will serve all residents of the community and the fire district area. Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic, or political status.
The use of the library may be denied for due cause. Such cause may include but not be limited to failure to return library materials, or to pay penalties, destruction of property, disturbance of other patrons, or any other objectionable conduct on library premises.
Young children: The Albion library encourages use by all ages and it is our desire to make this visit enjoyable for young children. Library staff is not expected to assume responsibility for the care of unsupervised children in the library. Therefore it is recommended that all children under the age of six be accompanied by a parent or designated responsible person while in the library. Should a child become disruptive, the child will be given a warning to respect others or will be asked to leave the library. Children required to leave the library may contact a parent or guardian and wait quietly until picked up.
All records, formal and informal, of the Albion Library relating to patron registration and the subsequent circulation by patrons of materials provided by the library are considered to be confidential in nature.
Only information requested for by use of a court order covered under the Freedom of Information Act may be released.
- All borrowers must be registered by giving the library staff requested information, driver’s license number, address, phone number, and place of employment.
- Non-area residents may borrow books after furnishing a driver’s license number, a local, plus home address if on vacation and a library card from town of residence.
- Applicants under the age of 18 year of age must have parental or guardian’s consent on the application form to have borrowing privileges.
Lost or forgotten cards
- There is a $3.00 charge for replacement of library card
- Any patron who presents material for checkout but cannot present a library card because it has been forgotten will only be allowed to checkout materials with the proper picture ID such as a driver’s license.
1. Patrons may borrow a reasonable amount material for a period of 3 weeks. Items may be renewed once by phone or in person.
2. New books may be checked out for a period of 10 days and can be renewed once if the item is not reserved by another patron.
3. Reference books cannot be checked out.
4. VCR tapes and DVDs may be loaned for 2-3 days depending on time of week
5. Reserve holds may be placed by patrons either in person or over the phone. There is no charge to place a reserve hold.
Fines and Charges
There are no fines on overdue books. There are fines on overdue VCR tapes and DVD. A fee is assigned to each item. Patrons who have been sent an overdue notice shall be denied borrowing of additional materials until those over dues are returned or paid for if lost and/or damaged.
If materials are damaged so as to be unsuitable for return to the collection, the patron must pay the replacement cost.
Use of Library Equipment
Various items of equipment are available for patron’s use. Some equipment requires a minimal charge and/or staff assistance. Copy machine users are advised that there are restrictions on copyrighted materials; any violation of copyright is the responsibility of user.