Disc Repair Policy
DISC REPAIR POLICY
1. Patrons and visitors may bring their CDs, DVDs, and Game CDs future compact disc to Albion Municipal Library for deep scratch repair. Each disc must be submitted in a plastic sleeve or case. (Music CDs, CD-ROMs, Sony PlayStation, PSone, and PlayStation 2 game discs, Microsoft X-Box Game discs, DVD Movies, Double-sided DVD, VCD, CDR, DVDR, XBX360, HD DVD NOTE: PlayStation 3 games and Blu-Ray can only be repaired for minor scratches)
2. Library staff will attempt to repair discs for a fee of $2.00 using JFJ Easy Pro Repair System machine. Payment received when disc is dropped off.
3. Patrons must complete an owner information slip for the disc(s) they submit for repair.
4. The Library will clean discs at least once a week on Thursday Morning (barring holidays/weather). Discs may be dropped off for cleaning anytime during the week, with the understanding they will be ready for pickup anytime beginning Thursday afternoon. Discs will not be cleaned on a “while you wait” basis unless the machine is already in operation.
5. If the damage is not repaired on the first attempt, library staff will try again using stronger methods at no extra charge. The re-do request must be received within two weeks of the first repair. If the second repair fails, the patron may request a third attempt for a charge of $1.00 but there can be no guarantee of success. Library staff may determine that a disc is damaged beyond repair upon physical examination of the disc or after the highest-level repair attempt fails twice. If the repair fails, the patron will not receive a refund.
6. Patrons are responsible for picking up their disc(s) in a timely manner. If the disc(s) is left at the library for more than two weeks, library staff will make one phone call as a reminder. If the disc is left at the library for more than four months, it will be considered a donation and it may be added to the library collection, sold, or disposed of in some other manner.
7. Albion Municipal Library cannot be held liable for permanent damage to discs that are already damaged.
8. Library staff reserve the right to refuse repair service on any CD or DVD that they determine to be detrimental to the JFJ machinery, in violation of state and federal laws, or is contrary to basic library philosophies and policies.